In this page we will try to compile some guidelines for activators and chasers. These guidelines will evolve as the programme develops. They should be understood as recommendations.
- Whenever possible, you should add your activation before it starts. You simply do not fill in the QSO number. You will be able to edit this after the activation has finished. This has the following advantages:
- It can be used as an announcement of your activation for chasers.
- You, or any other registered user, will be able to add your activation to the DX Cluster just by indicating a frequency and clicking a button.
- Chasers will be able to claim their QSO with you immediatly after making it, while the activation is still ongoing.
- During an activation you should try to promote the programme among chasers by
- Calling CQ 'Beaches On The Air'.
- Referring to your 'Beaches On The Air' activation and exchanging your beach reference.
- Posting your activation on the DX Cluster and encouraging others to do the same.
- Inviting your contacts to visit the programme's website 'beachesontheair.com'.
- Encouraging chasers to claim their chaser points by adding their QSO with you.